Coronavirus (Covid-19) Anxiety
Are you experiencing anxiety about the unique coronavirus COVID-19 epidemic? Are you having anxiety about the uncertainty that the epidemic brings? You are not alone and you have come to the right place. *
As a hypnotherapist specializing in anxiety for over 10 years, I’ve helped many people to find more calm and peace in their lives. And I would love to help you.
Feeling some anxiety is absolutely normal. Unprecedented times bring uncertainty. And for most, this creates some level of anxiety. But, if your anxiety is effecting your health or happiness, then it is time to get help.*
Hypnotherapy for Anxiety*
In Hypnotherapy we are working with the subconscious mind.
The subconscious mind is the part of you that runs all of your automatic patterned responses, everything you do without thinking about it first. The way you wake up in the morning, the food you eat, even the way you act in your relationships can be turned over to the subconscious becoming patterned reactions, rather than conscious choices.
Anxiety is the automatic patterned response of the fight or flight system.
In hypnosis we bring the subconscious mind up to the more dominant awareness. In this state of awareness you feel deeply relaxed and focused. Being in hypnosis, in and of itself, helps to relieve anxiety. But more importantly, in this state we can retrain the subconscious to produce automatic patterned responses that create more calm and peace.
Hypnotherapy can help with:
- Healthy Habits—Creating healthy habits can help reduce anxiety. Things like moving your body, meditation, getting perspective by journaling or talking to a friend, can make a big difference. If these habits have been difficult for you to sustain, hypnotherapy can make it easier.
- Self-Hypnosis—Learning self-hypnosis techniques that you can use wherever you are, anytime you want to feel more calm and peace.
- Confidence—Develop a sense of confidence and control. Many of the things that cause you stress and anxiety are unavoidable. Having confidence can make a profound difference in the way stress effects your health and happiness. Hypnotherapy can help give you a positive outlook and a great attitude.
- Relaxation—Increase your ability to create a sense of calm and peace. With hypnotherapy you can learn how to really relax, even when your life seems to be spinning out of control.
- Mindfulness—Learn one of the best tools for reducing anxiety. Many people struggle with mindfulness. Using Hypnotherapy can make the process simple.
Hypnotherapy can help you make these healthy habits your automatic pattern responses to stress and uncertainty.
In hypnosis you stay aware and in control.
Hypnosis is not mind control. During hypnosis you are aware of what is going on and can still decide to accept or reject the suggestion being offered. Hypnosis cannot make you do anything you do not wish to do. This is a myth developed by movies, stage hypnotists and the entertainment industry. You are always in control and will only accept hypnotic suggestions that are right for you.
* Hypnosis is not meant to be a replacement for clinical care with a counselor or physician, but in addition to the help you are receiving, hypnotherapy can make a big difference. Hypnotherapy is not a cure for any medical condition. Many medical conditions are improved from reducing stress with hypnotherapy when conducted in conjunction with medical and/or clinical treatment. Some medial conditions require a referral from a physician. River Valley Hypnotherapy works closely with many physicians and nurse practitioners.